Orientation, Baseline Score, and All Required Content
You’re now ready to begin your GMAT preparation. In Stage I of the Study Guide, you'll:
- Familiarize yourself with the GMAT
- Establish your baseline score
- Learn general GMAT strategies
- Learn all of the Math and Verbal content the GMAT tests
- Learn the skills needed to tackle the Integrated Reasoning section of the GMAT
- Learn how to write great essays in the Analytical Writing Assessment (AWA) section
- Develop the proper mindset to take the GMAT with confidence
In order to follow this Study Guide, you'll need the resources outlined on the Overview and Resources page.
IMPORTANT: This guide is arranged so that you cover all of the math topics first and then cover all of the verbal topics. You need not complete that learning tasks in that particular order. If, for example, you don't feel like studying math one day, feel free to study verbal topics. Just be sure to complete all of the learning tasks to ensure you've covered everything that the GMAT tests!
Okay, let’s begin Stage I.